Sunday, March 25, 2012

Gender and Education

Gender and Education in 2012

What is Title IX?  I didn't know what Title IX was until I came across several education websites and noticed it on the bottom right of every page.  So after seeing it a couple of times I decided to click on it and see what it was about.  And I feel I had come across something very valuable and precious to me.  Why did it take so long for this Title to be passed and why are thousands of schools noncompliant?  This is so beneficial to our children and just think THOUSANDS of schools are abusing Title IX by not using it.
Title IX is a law passed in 1972 that requires gender equity for boys and girls in every educational program that receives federal funding.
10 Key Areas are:
University of North Texas on Gender Equity.



Things to remember in Gender Equity Schools. 
"Short-changed" girls.

How many of you knew about this law?  What do you think about these revelations and about the schools who don't follow this law?  I truly believe every school should enact this law to the fullest potential.  That every child should attain the most educational opportunities and possibilities that a school can offer.  Nobody should be ruled out due to gender.

No comments:

Post a Comment